Research into the history of buildings and their occupiers has been an essential part of our partnership’s work when dealing with historic building restoration.
Maintenance of our built heritage is only meaningful if there is some connection with the historic use and occupation of buildings. Our special project division has developed a way of bringing these to life with audio-visual heritage trails. The scheme involves:-
- identifying buildings of historic interest
- identifying previous occupiers with ‘a story to tell’
- obtaining building owners’ agreement to participate
- the design and construction of suitable heritage plaques incorporating QR codes and NFC tags providing fast access to:-
- an audio-visual representation of a character associated with the building’s history
Development of a trail involves public consultation over suitable locations, local government cooperation and the involvement of local theatre groups.
Watch the video below for an example, or visit www.sleafordheritage.co.uk.